The options available to patients today to replace failing and missing teeth can be overwhelming. But if one were to ask older friends and relatives, they would be quick to tell you “Back in my day, our only options were removable dentures and partial dentures.”
This is usually followed by “And I hate them because….” The list of reasons they hate their dentures includes:
- I hate having to sleep with my teeth soaking in a cup on the nightstand
- I can’t eat the foods that I used to enjoy
- Food doesn’t taste the same
- They gag me
- They are loose
- They fall out if I’m not careful
- They look fake
- They make me feel older than I really am
But today’s patients have excellent options and alternatives to dentures available to them by choosing to have their extractions and dental implants performed by experienced oral surgeons like Dr. Tillery and myself.
What was once thought impossible is now possible. In the past in order to replace a full set of teeth in the upper or lower jaw with fixed (non-removable teeth), the materials and techniques available required extensive bone grafting procedures, as many as 8 to 10 implants per jaw, and several appointments spread out over 6 months to 1 year to complete treatment!
Fortunately patients can now have bad teeth removed, dental implants placed, and walk away with a fixed set of teeth in a single appointment!
Is this really possible? YES! Here’s how:
- We know your time is valuable. We know you can’t take several days off from work to go back and forth between your dentist and your oral surgeon and several more days off to recover from the procedure. Today’s modern dental implant techniques combined with our advanced imaging and treatment planning software allow our oral surgeons to remove your painful and failing teeth, predictably place fully functional dental implants, and secure a full dental bridge to the implants in just one office visit!
- There is significant cost-savings involved when undergoing the All-on-4® Treatment Concept. With far fewer appointments, that don’t require bone grafting, nor as many implants, it’s easy to see the cost-savings and real value that we can now offer our patients.
- Less pain! As oral surgeons, we are able to perform your treatment under IV Sedation/General Anesthesia, eliminating the anxiety, fear, and discomfort associated with having surgery. The All-on-4® Treatment Concept is also designed to avoid or at least minimize the need for bone-grafting procedures for most patients. Patients report very little pain or discomfort following the procedure, and many tell us that they didn’t even need to take much pain medication following the procedure!
The best way to learn more about how we can help you or a loved-one achieve a comfortable, beautiful, and confident smile with dental implants please call our office at 407-628-5400.